Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Run for Your Life!


It was a morning worth waking up early for. After all, it was for a worthy cause. So, equipped with only 3.5 hours of sleep (still had to work 7pm-12mn the night before), I carpooled to Bonifacio High Street to run my second marathon.




Joining a marathon is not a fad. For me, it is a symbol of my commitment to take care of myself so I can have a long and healthy life. On top of that, I was reunited with the health buffs of Holiday Homes Running Club, and pals Jenesis Tagle & Mike Espino. Dear friend Lorelie Alan had a severe stomach ache so she was not able to make it. (Although she still gets to keep the shirt as a souvenir.)




Together with my running buddies, I went off to conquer the Adidas King of the Road Marathon in Bonifacio Global City. I took on the 5k run together with Jenesis. I was surprised when friends and office mates Ren & Arpi Quiray were there too. Mike's brother, Mel Espino, also joined us- this was his first marathon (virgin runner :-)).

On the other hand, Jen's amiable brother Naser, Mike, and the rest of our friends surpassed the arduous 10k.


Endurance is the name of the game. Beat your own record time and you're victorious!

Even though the certificate does not have my own name written on it (as most marathon certificates do), I still feel proud because I did not quit. Bonus: I saw Rovilson Fernandez (of "Ang-Pinaka Show", QTV 11) and Paolo Abrera ("Hired", QTV11) joined the fun! Such good role-models they were!Our running buddy Jerome looked cool while endorsing the marathon's official energy drink!

Another pleasant surprise was seeing Raf Sanga after the run. Apparently, he joined too. Special thanks to dear friends Mike Espino, Ren and Arpi Quiray for these precious pictures!


However, the fun-filled day did not end after the marathon. Before heading home, we dropped by our friend Liezel's despedida. She's excited because she's bound for Australia that afternoon. Bon voyage, Friend! Discerning our hunger, she prepared a feast of pancit palabok, bread, butter & coffee. (That's approximately 300 calories each!) The meal was followed by 2 karaoke intermission numbers; then we went home. Each aching muscle reminded us of another challenge won.

No comments: