Saturday, September 27, 2008

Earthquake

An earthquake shakes the whole surrounding. It has no guarantee of stopping right away. You've got to think and react fast. It's natures way of telling you to hold on to what is dear and precious and let go of those that aren't. It does not spare anyone from an abrupt shakedown. One just needs to have presence of mind and a practical strategy as to where to find safety and seek shelter...at least until the trembling stops. A clear sense of direction and some common sense come in handy.
What occurred to me and many of my friends this week can be likened to an earthquake...an emotional earthquake. It forced all of us to revisit our priorities, to think deep and hard on what the future will look like after this week. It taught us to assess our beliefs, whether our faith can carry us through or what we had all along was only make-believe. This situation made me realize who my real friends are, and I also found out the phonies. It made me closer to my God who provided refuge, comfort, and security.
At the earthquake's aftermath, many still tremble. Some are still dumbfounded and shocked to the point of inaction. However, a lot are already in the process of rebuilding. Starting anew. Hopeful. Smiling. Capitalizing on the fact that this new beginning can be a signal for a reinvention of ones self, or an upgrade as we in the tech industry call it.
Bouncing off after this (WW39) episode is indeed liberating. As I process what this week means to me, I can conclude that I am blessed and that nothing is impossible to God. Because even the earthquake yields to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was written in the bible: (In times when earthquake strikes) Let us remember these verses in the bible:
"Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger."
"Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble."

Job 9:5-6
King James Version