Saturday, February 14, 2009

This Generation’s Cupid!

Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday this year. I greeted my husband and my son as I woke up ahead of them. The morning started with me making a few sandwiches for breakfast. Then a voice from outside called, “LBC delivery po para kay Edna Guevara…” I didn’t want to go out to meet the delivery man because of my Saturday morning shabby look so I called Alex from the room, and requested him to transact with the delivery guy. However, he hesitated and did not move an inch. So I rushed to the gate and received the package. This long package had no sender’s address. My mind wondered what it contained; I had a wild hint it was a blueprint of the next house we’re planning to build. After a few seconds, I’ve opened the box and saw 3 red roses, a teddy bear and a card. It was from Alex! They’re pricey alright, but it’s OK. There’s an intangible ROI (return on investment). It’s an expression of love that cannot be quantified.
My son received a valentine’s gift from us; it was Francisco J. Colayco and Nina Lim Yuson’s book, Money for Kids: Pera Mo, Palaguin Mo (Anvil Publishing Inc., 2006). He read it right away and liked it. I hope he applies the principles therein.

No comments: