Monday, June 18, 2018

Outcomes-based Training

I have chosen to serve by developing other people, supporting them by imparting knowledge and skills they can use to live empowered lives.

Training is costly. If not planned well, it can be ineffective. Companies expect a return on investment in terms of competencies and behavior of personnel which will contribute to the fulfillment of organization goals. So as a trainer, I ask myself these basic questions before conducting a training: what outcomes do I want to see after the training? In line with this, what learning activities can I come up with in order to reach the desired outcomes? Are the contents of my training relevant? Given the allotted time, how will the participants be able to relate to the skills and knowledge I will impart? What learning materials and equipment can I use to make the training more effective?

No comments: